Welcome

Welcome to my blog, I'm quite new to this so if I get it wrong don't hold it against me!

Saturday 12 March 2011

The bike ride!

Today was the day of my bike ride along the Tarka Trail, the path which follows the route of the old train line called the Tarka Trail. It was featured in a James May's Toy Stories (Wikipedia, This Is North Devon) when he used a Hornby toy train to get from Barnstaple to Bideford, the route which I took. The ride out was very fun, not bad weather, not too cold and not boiling hot, just right for cycling! The ride back presented a couple of problems though... I rode the trail for about two miles, before stopping for lunch and talked to my brother for a while. Then it started raining. Not badly, but enough to be annoying! The cycle back into Bideford was not the worst, despite the rain. The cycle back into Westward Ho! was the problem! I used the path which I had used to go the other way, but I got a little lost in the maze that was a beautiful village that I had never seen before. I didn't mind, the sun was starting to shine a little and the houses where exquisite! I eventually found a way out that would, eventually take me home. It was the coastal path. After about five miles in, along an excellent track for mountain biking (Down hill rutted with rocks and exposed tree roots - I loved it!) I found a road. I thought that I might as well just see where it would take me for the fun of it! It took me to the bottom of the hill in Appledore from where it was an amazing ride back home! This is where I got my top speed of the day, 30mph on a slippy road, maybe not the best idea, but the adrenaline rush was amazing!
That is all comrades. Stay strong the newly formed NLC, and also Japan, who are struggling also!

No comments:

Post a Comment